Sunday, July 8, 2012





It is very 'hot' in Southern California.  100 degrees F, give or take.  Jeannette and I entertained Kathy (mom) for a Mexican lunch fiesta on Sunday afternoon (July 8th) at our home.  Jeannette created a low fat turkey and corn soft taco with spanish rice and black beans.  Delicious!   Mom enjoyed the chips and salsa to excess and we all enjoyed sun-tea together.  For those who have not seen our house (lately or never) here are a few clues to our living conditions. 
Mom is still quite aware of her environment.  However, she continues to think I am taking her to see her parents.  I wish I could.  Her room at assisted living is empty of the pictures we continually put back on the walls.  Some are missing and some are hidden.   Mom is a bit of a petty thief, as I believe I have mentioned in past postings.  There is always something new in her room that appears to be someone else's.  She meanders the hallways but on the past few visits she is always glad to see me and tells us mostly good things about her daily doings. 
On each visit, I run through a battery of question and answer items, usually while we are walking. Mom still remembers most family members but, at times, needs assistance.    She will usually get the President and the Governer of California, but not always, and she never gets Biden.  It is difficult to watch this happen to our mother, but we are glad to be participating, as best we can, through this time of her life.

All the best to Everyone.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment