Sunday, April 29, 2012

Hi to all,
Sorry for not posting in a number of weeks.  We have been hoping to have some good news to tell and brush aside the difficulties we have been running up against the past few weeks.  Jim and I have never wished to alter the truth or give false information about mom's day to day conditions.  Her transition has hit a second roadblock, as she confiscated a wrench from one of the maintenance men at Aegis and threatened to hit somebody over the head.  Although, I don't think any of us believe mom would ever hit anybody,  Aegis has to cover itself.   Mom is presently in a Psychiatric Facility under the direct care of a Psychiatrist at Northridge Hospital (just a few blocks from or house) and has been there since Wednesday April 25th.  Jeannette and I visit her daily during visiting hours (posted picture is Friday night).  The most dificult task at hand is getting mom to settle down.  She continually wants to be on the move, to where she has no direction nor destination.  This is the main goal of the Doctor.   A quick example, when Jim drove mom down to our house in Los Angeles last month with mom, all she could do was talk about being with us at the house.  Once she arrived (driving over six hours) all she wanted to do was leave.  
Back to the present, on my visit yesterday (Saturday) the staff informed me that mom would be there for a while, that her physician put a 14-day evaluation hold on mom.  I have been assured that this does not mean she will be there for 14 days but that it allows them the time to evaluate.  I will be visiting with her Dr. and a State representative on Tuesday with the goal of getting her out of there as soon as possible. 
Mom and I played a couple of hands of Gin (the card game) today and we walked a bit, as well as, I went through the battery of family and close friend questions.  I try to keep re-addressing with her important facts of her life.  She is having trouble with a number of these and I just try to reaffirm them with her.  Even if she can't answer, I tell her the answer, and then we talk a bit about it.  Of course, she still loves chocolate.    

All the best and lots of love,

Bill 

No comments:

Post a Comment