Sunday, April 1, 2012

A little Scrabble.




April Fools Day to Every body.
Mom and I got on a little game of scrabble this afternoon. And as expected, she won. I have posted the Scrabble board to show that she can still put a game together very well. 195 to 154 in her favor. I also put up her San Jose Picture and a picture of the Golden Gate Bridge in her room. You may notice a lack of pictures laying around and that is because everytime you put a picture up, mom quickly shoves it in a bag. We are hoping that this will lighten up or go away over time. Last Wednesday, Jeannette, Chester and I went over and visited with mom after lunch. Mom really enjoys seeing Jeannette and Chester.
I know everybody who is keeping on mom is a grown-up and I don't want to 'sugar coat' a super happy woman. She still remembers and thinks Jim and I 'pulled a fast one' on her. Which in somes ways is absolutely true. However, mom is very safe and this is the number one reason Jim and I made the decisions we did. Mom thinks her parents are alive, that she (mom) is in San Jose and for all of you who are from San Jose she continually introduces us to a gentleman as Monsignor Kennedy (I think the guy might be Jewish), but he does not seem to mind.
The new medications that we started her on and she has been taking fastiduously, thanks to Aegis Staff, have up to a four week improvement schedule. Meaning that she should show better and better signs of improvement up to four weeks and then that is what you get.
The folks at Aegis gave me a book written by their founder and on my next posting I will do a little bit on the folks taking care of mom.
By the way, please feel free to post a note/message/story about mom. You can't possibly want to just read my stuff.
All the best and thanks for keeping an eye of our beloved mother.
Bill

2 comments:

  1. Nicely played Kathy! Glad to hear she's settling in. Love to all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just so you know, we were all afraid of Monsignor Kennedy!

    ReplyDelete